Before we started all the fun and games of our Family Olympics, we made an Olympic Torch!
Here's what you need:
- Construction paper
- cardstock (optional)
Here's what you do:
- If you want your torch to be a little bit more sturdy, use some cardstock, or double up on construction paper.
- It took me a few tries to figure out how to roll the paper into a cone shape for the torch, but here's a simple way to do it!
- Lay out your paper and put your finger on the bottom, in the middle:
- Hold your finger there, and pick up the bottom of the paper to the right of your finger. Start rolling it up and then toward the center.
- Once you get it rolled all the way, put a piece of tape over the edge to secure it in place. (I used a big piece of packaging tape.....since that's all I could find. Worked like a charm.)
- Get 2 pieces of orange or yellow construction paper and crinkle it up. Then put your finger in the center of the paper and fold the ends all up so you can stuff it into the cone.
- Squeeze a bunch of glue inside the cone and stuff the orange paper in. Ta-da!
At the park, we took turns holding the torch as we officially opened our Family Olympic Games!
Check out all the other parts of our Family Olympics! Click the picture below!