LB(3) has been asking to paint the past few days. So I let him at it, and then together we created a fun St. Patrick's Day decoration out of his masterpieces!
How to Make it!
- Pour some green tempera paint into a bowl (or pour in yellow and blue and mix up some green---that's what we had to do since we don't have any green paint :)).
- Give your child a paint brush and some paper and let them PAINT!
- Set aside the papers to dry:
- Once the paint is all dry, turn the papers over and trace a shamrock shapes on the back. (We still have some shamrock cutouts that I got on clearance after St. Patty's Day 4 years ago. I used one of those to trace.)
- Then cut the shamrocks out!
- Use a hole puncher and punch 2 holes at the top of each shamrock.
- Cut a long piece of string or yarn and have your child tread the shamrocks onto the string.
- Tie loops on each end of the string and pin it up somewhere in your home!