My kids LOVE monster trucks. Even my sweet little girl, LL(2), loves playing with them.
So during our TRUCK week, I knew I needed to come up with something involving this rough and tough vehicle.
So here it is: A simple and fun Monster Truck Craft! Enjoy!
- 1 small monster truck toy (or you can use a car if you don't have a truck).
- Black finger/tempera paint (or any color you have).
- Construction paper
- Pour some black paint onto a paper plate and give your child the toy monster truck. Have them roll the wheels into the paint, then roll the truck all over a piece of construction paper! It will make a cool tire design:
(They will have lots of fun, so make sure to have plenty of paper!)
- Let the paint creations dry for a while........
- Once they're dry, draw a truck shape on the back and cut it out.
- Then using black construction paper, cut out 2 BIG circles for each truck's wheels.
- And with the scrap paper from the paintings cut out 2 smaller circles to go in the middle of the tires. :)
- Let your child glue the pieces all together onto another piece of paper and there you have it!
Here is LL(2)'s Monster Truck:
(Which she is VERY proud of and loves to see hanging up in our hallway!)
And here is LB(4)'s Monster Truck:
Do you like this idea?