This week I'll be posting about our theme "Fruits & Vegetables."
The first activity is this easy Pea-Pod craft!
LB had so much fun putting this together, especially because we just read this cute book about peas that the boys LOVED:
Little Pea, by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- 2 pieces of green construction paper
- Green craft foam
- 1 piece of white cardstock
- Lay the 2 pieces of construction paper on top of each other. Draw a pea-pod shape on the top one and cut them out of both.
- Trace a cup to make 3 circles on the green craft foam. Cut them out
- Have your child put glue on the back of one of the pea pods, and glue it to the white cardstock
- Then have them put glue on the round bottom part of the pea pod and put the other one on top so that the top is left open. You might also want to pull it out a bit so that there's room for the foam peas to fit inside. :)
- Give your child the marker and have them draw smiley faces on the 3 peas:
- Lastly, have your child place the peas inside the pod!
- You can either glue them in, or just leave them so your child can play with them. We decided not to glue ours and LB has had fun pulling them out, then putting them back inside to "sleep."