We did another fun craft for our Fruits & Veggies Week.
This one isn't necessarily original (painting and stamping with cut fruits & veggies was probably the first craft ever invented!)
Nevertheless, it was gobs of fun for LB.
AND we added another fun element while we were at it.
- Any assortment of Fruit & Vegetables
- Paint (fingerpaint, posterpaint, tempera paint, etc. Any form of washable paint!)
- First, I showed LB the colorful array of fruits and vegetables I had on hand:
- I let LB choose one of them. First we ate one of the halves--(which was awesome! LB was actually interested in tasting some of these vegetables? Miracle of miracles!!)
- .....Then we used the other half to paint with! Some of them were a bit slippery, so we used a fork to keep a hold of them (like the tomato):
Here are some of LB's creations:
We didn't get to all the fruits & veggies. After the 4th one, LB just wanted to paint his hands.
So unfortunately, fresh produce lost the battle to what LB called his "Spiderman-hands"! :)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.