3 years ago, I made this same fun and easy activity for LM (when he was 3). I remember him loving it so much so I decided to create one for LB this year (who is currently 3). This is our first "Egg" Themed activity in our Preschool at Home this week, and it seriously took me less than 5 minutes to put together. Enjoy!
- Save an egg carton after you've used all your eggs. Make sure it's clean. :)
- Find a pack of plastic Easter Eggs and pull out 12: two of each color.
- Cut out small circles to fit into the bottom of each section of the egg carton -- to match your eggs.
- I used sticky-back craft foam. I just cut out the circles, peeled, and stuck them to the bottom.
- You could also use construction paper and glue.
How to Play:
- Lay out all the eggs on the floor and have your child put them back in the egg carton--matching the egg colors to the colored circles.
- Another idea is to hide all the eggs in the room. Give your child the egg carton and have them put the eggs in the correct spaces as they find them! (this one was LB's favorite).