Our final activity for our "Fruits & Vegetables" week was this fun craft!
LB likes salad, but he usually doesn't like a whole lot of vegetables in it.
So this was a fun way to show him how pretty & colorful a salad can look when there are lots of veggies in it!
- Construction paper - Green, white, yellow, orange, red, etc.
- 1 piece of white cardstock
- Using different colors of paper, cut out small vegetable shapes. Here are some ideas:
- orange - carrots
- yellow - onions or banana peppers
- green - celery
- red - tomatoes or red peppers
- white - mushrooms or onions
- Draw a plate shape on the white cardstock and glue it onto another piece of construction paper:
- Hand the green paper to your child and have them rip it! The ripped pieces will be the lettuce:
- Next, give them the glue and have them glue the pieces onto the plate shape:
- Then place dots of glue all over the lettuce and have them put the vegetable pieces on.
- Lastly, give them the glue and let them just squirt it all over the top. This is the salad dressing! :)