(cow, duck, pig, chicken, dog, cat, horse)
I'm in love with felt, and decided to make some animals that we can use to sing Old MacDonald. I thought making them square would be cute. I think the chicken is my favorite.
If you want to make these, here is the basic low-down of what I did:
1. Cut squares out of felt. My squares are 3" x 3".
2. Cut out the eyes using black and white felt.
3. Cut out everything else the noses, beaks, ears, wings, legs, arms
4. Stitch on the eyes, noses, and beaks on one of the squares. Then stitch the smiles using black thread.
5. Put the 2 squares together and start stitching them together with a blanket stitch.
6. As you stitch, add in the arms, legs, wings, ears.
7. Leave an opening and stuff the square with filling.
8. Close up the stitch and say "howdy!" to your new farm friend!!
The boys have had fun playing with these, and when we sing Old MacDonald, we put them in a bag and they take turns pulling one out as we sing each verse.