Our 2nd activity during our "dinosaur" week was this fun counting game.
LB(3) and I recently read a book about Stegosauruses. He loved looking at the pictures and saying the word "Stegosaurus" over and over. So this simple little game was a big hit!
- Craft foam (or construction paper) in blue and brown.
- Draw a simple dinosaur shape on the blue foam and cut it out. It doesn't have to be perfect, just make sure it has a big back to put all the spikes on. :)
- Cut out 6 triangles from the brown foam.
- Draw on an eye and a smile with a black marker.
How to Play!
- Roll the dice and place that number of spikes on the stegosaurus's back! Easy peasy mac & cheesy.
This is a fun way to practice counting out objects, which is a good skill to prepare kids for math readiness.
Do you like this idea?
Looking for more activities for your little BOY?