Originally posted: 3-18-2013
After we made our Brown Bag Bunny Puppet a few days ago, I decided to use it for a fun little game!
And it was not only FUN, but also educational. :)
- First, create the Brown Bag Bunny Puppet with your child. (Click HERE to see that post.)
- Then cut a piece of white paper into 8 rectangles.
- Using an orange marker, draw 8 different shapes on the papers. These will be your carrots! :)
- With a green marker draw the leafy part on top of each carrot.
- With a thin black marker or pen draw horizontal lines on them to make them look more carroty. Yes. Carroty. :)
Here's how you Play!
- Lay out all the carrots and put the bunny puppet on your hand. In a goofy bunny voice, have the bunny ask your child for a certain shape of carrot.
- Your child finds that shape and then puts it into the bunny's "mouth" (it doesn't go all the way in, so just chomp on it for a few seconds, then put it in a pile on the side.) Then ask for the next shape!
LB(3) had a lot of fun with this one. We took turns being the bunny, though it was a little hard for him to figure out how to flap the bunny's mouth since his hand is small for the bag, ya know? But we had a fun time!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.