My kids LOVE Easter Egg Hunts.
Instead of filling the eggs with candy or toys, I decided to use this as a fun learning activity about shapes!
This is perfect activity for preschool, Easter parties, and at home.
It was quick to put together and LB(4) and LL(2) had so much fun learning about shapes!
1. Trace some basic shapes onto craft foam and cut them out. I chose 5 shapes, and cut out 3 of each shape. You can do as many or as few as you want. :)
2. Put each of the shapes inside of a plastic Easter egg. If you want, you can also leave some of the eggs empty so you have more to hide. :)
TIME TO PLAY!
1. Hide all the Easter eggs around the room, house, or yard.
2. Send your kids out to find the eggs!
3. When they find an egg, have them run back to you and open it to see if there is a shape inside. If there is a shape, have them name the shape!
4. If you made a grid, have them then place the shape onto the grid. If you don't have a grid, just line them up or put them in a bowl. :)
5. After they've found all the eggs and all the shapes, you can put them back in the eggs and play again! My kids even wanted their own turn to hide them for me!
You might also like these fun SHAPE activities!