One of LB's favorite activities during our BUG week was this one! We have played with it several times so far and had so much fun coming up with new and beautiful butterfly designs! Some of the designs above are LB's creations, and some are mine. 'Tis fun for all ages! :)
- Using different colors of craft foam, cut out the following:
- 3 (or more) butterfly bodies, and draw smiley faces on each of them
- 3 (or more) pairs of wings
- 5 (or more) sets of different shapes (about 8-10 of each shape)
Here's what you do:
- Lay out all the pieces on the floor or table and show your child how to put them together to create a beautiful butterfly.
- Then let them do it on their own. It's so fun to see what they come up with! (I was surprised to see LB make his designs so symmetrical and simple. Since he's a wild and rowdy 2 year old, I expected something crazier from him, so it was fun to see how he did it on his own.)
- Then take them apart and start again!