I love the excitement surrounding any Holiday.
Even St. Patrick's Day gets my kids excited and full of energy!
If your kids have a little extra excitement this time of year, here is a fun way to burn off some of that energy!
1. Use a small cup (or something else round) and trace 24 circles onto a couple pieces of white cardstock. Mine are about 2 1/2" big.
2. Cut them out. (*HINT: You can also use the stack & cut method I always use: Trace onto one paper and put 1-2 more underneath to cut out more at once!)
3. Using the green construction paper, draw and cut out 6 small clover shapes that fit onto the circle.
OR you can draw clover shapes right onto 6 of the circles with a green marker.
4. Glue the clovers onto 6 of the circles.
5. On the rest of the circles, draw a smiley face with a marker.
Time to Play!!
- Lay out all the circles on a table or floor.
- Take turns choosing a circle and turn it over.
- If you get a SMILEY FACE ---- RUN to the nearest mirror and show yourself your biggest smile!
- If you get a LUCKY CLOVER ---- JUMP up and down as you say, "Hooray! Hooray! Today is my LUCKY DAY!"
Happy St. Patrick's Day!