Originally posted June 29, 2012
This is an easy & patriotic activity you can do over and over.
My boys had fun building their own American flags again, and again....and again!
- Felt (red, white & blue)
Here's what you do:
- Cut out a rectangle with the white felt.
- Cut out a small rectangle with the blue felt.
- Cut out 3 long stripes and 2 short stripes with the red felt.
- Cut out 5-8 (or however many you want) stars using the white felt, like this:
- Draw a star on a piece of paper and cut it out.
- Pin it onto the white felt and cut around it.
- You can even do 2 layers at once if you have good scissors. :)
- Put the flag together once or twice with your child so they can see what it's supposed to look like.
- Then let them do it all on their own!
- You can even take turns making silly flags putting the stripes and stars in all different places. :)
Happy 4th of July!