originally posted June 25th, 2012
Here's an awesomely easy and patriotic way to craft your very own star-spangled banner with your kids!
- Red, white, & blue construction paper
- Pipe-cleaner (chenille stick)
Here's what you do:
- First, draw the square and stripes on a piece of cardstock, like this (sorry it's kinda hard to see....):
- Next, cut out strips from the red, white & blue construction paper. Mine are about 3/4"-1" wide. Make them as wide as you would like. :)
- Roll the paper strips around a pipe-cleaner so they curl. To save time, we did like 10 at a time. (If you do a lot like this, you may need to roll each of them a little after you take them all apart--so they're smaller curls)
- Once you have all your paper-rolls ready, put glue on the flag, one section at a time and place the rolls on the glue.
Happy 4th of July!!