We gave Valentine's Day one final Hoorah with this super easy craft!
All 3 kiddos participated in this one, using some paper LB(4) had painted on earlier in the week.
Check it out!
- Red paint (finger paint, poster paint, tempera paint)
- Paint brush
- White paper (copy paper works great)
- Scissors (we have an old pair of zig-zag scissors that we used. But you can also just use plain scissors.)
- White cardstock
- Squirt out a blob of red paint on a paper plate and give your child a paint brush and some white paper. Let them paint a couple pieces of paper however they want! LB wanted to paint the entire papers completely red. :)
- Let it dry. (overnight is good).
- Cut the painted papers into squares. Again, we had zig-zag scissors that gave the edges a cool look, but regular scissors work great too!
4. With the white cardstock, cut out a big heart for each child.
5. Give them glue and all the painted squares and let them decorate their heart however they desire!
Here is LL(2)'s heart:
Here is LB(4)'s heart:
And here is LM(6)'s smiley face heart:
♥ Happy Valentine's Day! ♥