This was a super easy Valentine's activity that LB(3) loved! It was also a great way to get him more familiar with numbers. :)
- Cut a heart shape out of construction paper.
- Draw 20 hearts on it and write the numbers 1-20 in them.
- Get out a sheet of heart stickers (if you don't have stickers, get out crayons or markers for them to color the hearts with). :)
Here's what you do:
- Say a number and have your child put a heart sticker on that number.
That's it! Simple, fun, and educational. Doesn't get much better than that. :)
- You could do many variations of this same idea too:
- Hide numbered hearts around the room. When they find one they can put a sticker on that number.
- Have them put the stickers on the numbers in order, 1-20, by themselves.
- If your child knows addition, give two numbers to add and have them put the sticker on the answer.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!