I was trying to think of another Penguin themed activity for last week when I came across this box of old Christmas cards while I was cleaning. Perfect!!
- I'm assuming everyone doesn't just happen to have an old Christmas card with 10 penguins on it......so instead, look online for a picture of a penguin. Copy and paste it 10 times into a Word document and print it out.
- Then take a marker and write numbers 1-10 on it.
- Get out 10 small items for your child to place on the numbers (dry beans, dry noodles, small pieces of paper, anything! We used foam shapes).
Here's what you do:
- I have some cut out numbers. I would hold one up and have LB say the number. Then I had him place the foam shape on that numbered penguin. After he found all the numbers we switched and LB held up the numbers for me.
- You could also just say a number and have your child find it and place the small item on top.
- OR you can write the numbers on papers and draw them out of a hat.
- OR hide them around the room. When they find a number they come put the item on.
- OR for older kids, give a simple addition problem and have them put the item on the correct answer (1+3 = 4)
LB was very focused as he chose which numbers to hold up for me. :)