Our 2nd activity in our "TURKEY" themed week was this extremely easy, energetic, and educational activity! All you need is paper, markers, and a bag.
- Cut a couple pieces of paper into squares/rectangles (you'll need 27).
- On one of the squares, draw a turkey.
- On the rest of the squares, write each letter of the alphabet.
- Fold all the papers in half.
- Get out a bag (I just used a brown paper lunch sack).
Here's how you play:
- Take 5-8 of the letters and put them in the bag, along with the turkey.
- Have your children take turns reaching into the bag to pull out a piece of paper.
- If they get a LETTER --- have them say the letter and what sound it makes.
- If they get the TURKEY --- everyone runs around the room flapping their arms and yelling, "gobble! gobble! gobble! gobble!......"
- After choosing all those letters, put 5-8 new letters in, along with the turkey and play again!