For our "Pumpkin" preschool theme, we did a couple of activities with these numbered pumpkins that I made a couple years ago for a Pumpkin Treasure Hunt. The first activity we did this year, was a counting practice. (click the picture below for more details on the treasure hunt):
Prep work: Make the Pumpkins!
- Cut out 5-10 (or more) small pumpkin shapes (with a stem) from orange construction paper.
- With a black marker, draw faces on the pumpkins
- With a green marker, color the stems.
- With any color marker, write a number on each pumpkin.
- Laminate them, or cover them with clear contact paper on front and back (that's what I did.)
Here's what you do:
- Lay out all the pumpkins and a small pile of dry beans.
- Have your child choose 1 or 2 pumpkins and count out the number of beans to match the number on the pumpkin:
- If you want, you could also use this to practice addition! Once they've counted out the beans for 2 pumpkins, have them add them together.
**We've got over 40 other fun crafts & activities for Halloween. Click HERE.**
And while you're at it, check out our post on the best kid-craft supplies for great prices on Amazon! We've got some good recommendations. :)