Our final activity for our "Monster" themed week was this fun Monster Letter Hunt. LB(3) had fun searching for the monsters and it was good practice with letter recognition.
- Find, draw, or print 14 monster pictures. (I used the wall-borders that I bought for our file-folder game.)
- On sheets of white paper, write the words, "HAPPY HALLOWEEN." (**Or if it's not Halloween, you could write a different phrase like, "I LOVE MONSTERS." or "MONSTERS ARE FUN." or the children's names or something. )
- On the back of each monster picture, write one of the letters in "HAPPY HALLOWEEN," so each picture matches up to a letter on the paper.
Here's what you do:
- Hide the monster pictures all over in a room.
- Have your child come in & search for the monsters. When they find a monster, have them place it on the matching letter on the paper until all the monsters are found, and all the letters are covered.
- *(optional): when all the letters are covered give your child a prize, like a monster sticker. Or just play again!