Here is another idea for the circles I used in our Energetic St. Patrick's Day Game. I used them in a NEW way in our Primary singing Time at church! You could use this idea for singing time at church, preschool or just to sing songs at home. It's very simple, and the kids LOVED it.
- 16 paper circles (10 with smiley faces, 6 with clovers). Check out how to make them HERE.
- File Folder
♪ Prep Work:
2. Tape them to the inside of a file folder (this makes it much easier to transport to church or preschool. You just pull it out, open it up and you're all ready to go!)
3. Next, write numbers on the back of all the circles.
4. Make a list of the songs you want to sing.
Start your singing time with your first song. After the children sing the song, ask one to choose a number from 1-16. Flip that circle over.
- If they get a SMILEY FACE -- then they all sing that same song over again!
- If they get a LUCKY CLOVER then you move onto the next song!
(I had a list of songs I wanted to practice, but if they get the lucky clover, you could also let them CHOOSE what song they want to sing next.) :)
The kids LOVED this simple little activity. It was so funny to see their reactions if they got a CLOVER. They thought it was the best thing ever to sing a different song. And getting kids excited to sing is a simply awesome. :)
♫ Have Fun! ♫