I'm always trying to come up with energetic activities that LB(3) will enjoy, and that will burn some of his endless energy! He had a blast with this super simple Rainbow activity!
- Cut out strips of craft foam OR construction paper in each of the 6 basic colors of the rainbow. (Mine are about 1 3/4" wide and 6" long).
- Using a black permanent marker, write the name of each color on the strips.
- Cut a piece of white paper or cardstock so it's 6" x 11"
- Using one of the color strips, draw black lines on the white paper so there's a place for each of the strips.
- Write the names of the colors in each box--using corresponding colored markers.
Here's how you play:
- Lay out all the color strips on the kitchen table, and place the white paper in the living room.
- Have your child sit on the couch and wait for you to say a color. Then they get up and run as fast as they can to go find that color on the table, and bring it back.
- Then they place it on the correct spot on the white paper and sit back down on the couch to wait for the next color.
- And added bonus was that each time LB finished getting all the colors, we sang the Rainbow Song which I posted about yesterday. LB loved this part. :)
- Then we started all over again!
Click below to see the Rainbow Song post:
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.