With St. Patrick's Day swiftly approaching, I decided to do a Rainbow theme for our Preschool @ Home this week. This first activity was INCREDIBLY simple to create, and was a HUGE hit with LB(3). He loves cars, but you could also play with anything else your child might like (little toy animals, buttons, etc.) Just prepare yourself to play this game over, and over, and over, and over.......... :)
- Get out pieces of construction paper in the following colors:
- Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple
- Then stack them on top of each other and draw a line down the length of it, 1 1/2" from the edge. Cut the papers so you have 6 strips of paper--each 1 1/2" thick.
- Glue each strip of paper to another piece of construction paper (or the piece of cardboard at the end of the pad of construction paper---that's what I did).
- Using a black marker, draw 3 lines on the paper, 2" apart.
- Then go find 6 cars, one of each color of the rainbow.
How to Play!
- Set everything up on the floor (so the cars won't roll as much).
- Take turns with your child reaching into the bag and pulling out a colored square. Whatever color it is, that car moves up one space.
- Keep going until one of the cars crosses the Finish Line (the edge of the paper), and wins!!
We had so much fun playing this. And it was a fun way to talk about colors too!
Looking for more activities for your little BOY?
Click here to see TONS of ideas
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.