To go along with our "Candy Cane" theme last week, I decided to make cookies!
I had a box of candy canes, and wondered what would happen if I ground them up in my blender and added them to my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. The result was the cookies you behold before you-----and yummy enough that I pretty much ate a whole batch to celebrate. :)
Here is the recipe:
Candy Cane Cookies
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 package white chocolate chips
- 10-12 candy canes (ground to powder in blender or food processor)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the sugars, butter, and shortening. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix into the wet ingredients.
- Add white chocolate chips and candy cane powder and mix.
- Place teaspoonfuls of dough on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake 7-9 minutes.