My boys LOVE them some Moon Pies!
I knew there had to be a way to incorporate these goodies into our Space-Theme this week!
I saw a cute idea over on The Celebration Shoppe, and decided to do something similar, adding in a little educational twist.
- Box of Moon Pies - (I like the mini ones. Good size for the kiddos.)
- Melting chocolate, OR, chocolate frosting.
Here's what you do:
- Unwrap 5 Moon Pies and lay them out.
- Melt the chocolate and put it in a ziploc baggie. Snip the end off and pipe the chocolate onto 4 of the pies, like the picture shows:
- Show your kids the phases of the moon -- Full, Gibbous, Half, Crescent, New -- but talk quickly b/c they'll be itchin' to eat 'em! Yummy!