Our final BUG-themed activity of the week was this simple memory game. I bought a booklet of these cute little bug stickers at a craft store a year ago or so. I almost forgot I had them tucked away. But they were a perfect addition to our Bug week! And LB(2) has recently become a huge fan of memory games, so this was a big hit!
- If you can find any, buy some bug stickers. If not, you can print off pictures of bugs, or be even MORE daring and attempt to draw your own!
- Cut a piece of cardstock into squares (however many you want! We did 12)
- Put the stickers (or pictures) on the squares.
Here's what you do:
- Turn the cards upside down and play memory! Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
- An added bonus for our stickers was that one of each of the matching bugs was big and the other was small. So when we found one, LB would say, "BIG bee" or "SMALL bee" etc. A fun way to learn about sizes.