The best way to learn is by making it fun! There are so many fun and creative ways to teach ABC letters to toddlers and preschoolers. My boys (5 & 2) LOVED playing this fun Alphabet game--because the next best thing to feeding yourself is feeding an Alphabet Monster!
First, you'll need to make a set of ABC circles:
- Trace circles on construction paper using a small cup (mine are about 2 1/2" big)
- Cut them out
- Write all the Letters on the circles. (I made a set of Upper-case Letters, and a set of Lower-case Letters.)
Second, you'll need to create a Monster:
- Grab an empty cereal box, shoe-box, twinkie box, or anything cardboard (I used an empty oatmeal canister).
- Cut out a little opening for the mouth.
- Cover the box/canister with construction paper and write letters all over it.
- Decorate your monster with crazy eyes, nose, hair, etc.
- Lay all the letters out on the floor or table (we used just the upper-case letters when we played).
- Say a letter in a goofy monster voice and have your child search for it, then feed it to the monster by placing it in his mouth. Chomp!
Click the picture below to see more fun ways you can use these alphabet circles!
Looking for more activities for your little BOY?
Click here to see TONS of ideas
And if you're looking for more fun Monster ideas, check these out!
Including Monster Bowling! How fun is that??
(this post contains affiliate links)