How to make Candy Necklaces (also known as Candy Lei's--like Hawaiian Lei's). :)
These are SO easy to make, and are great for Birthdays, Graduations, or celebrating any other Holiday or accomplishment. Check it out!
- Candy (any wrapped candy of your choice.)
- Clear Plastic Wrap (aka: Saran Wrap)
How to Make Candy Necklaces!
1. Pull out a LONG piece of saran wrap. About 3 feet long is good.
2. Lay it out and then place handfuls of candy along the middle, covering all 3 feet.
3. Fold the outer edges of the wrap over each other to secure the candy in the middle:
4. Next cut pieces of ribbon, about 6" long.
5. Tie the ribbons around the plastic wrap every couple inches, creating small pockets of candy.
6. Curl the ribbon with scissors.
7. Finally, bring the ends together and tie them with ribbon. There you have your necklace!
Now it's all ready to be given to someone on their special day!
Here are a few variations of other candy necklaces you can make.
This one uses different kinds of candy in every other pocket all along the necklace:
With certain kinds of candy you don't even need plastic wrap.
You can just lay them out and tape the ends together to create a necklace!
Using Sixlets (especially in Easter colors) might be fun for a little girls' birthday party. :)
Now all you need to do is go find something to celebrate!! :)