Here is another fun Dr. Seuss Book & Craft idea!
LB(4) and LL(2) were like fish in water and so enjoyed creating this simple and easy craft.
Check it out!
- The book "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish," by Dr. Seuss
- Craft foam in white, green, red & blue
- Blue paint (finger paint / poster paint / tempera paint)
- 2 pieces of white paper
Book & Craft!
1. Read the book "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish," by Dr. Seuss.
2. Put the book away and squirt some blue paint onto a plate.
3. Give your child a paint brush and let them paint a piece of white paper however they want. This will be the water. :)
4. Let it dry (overnight is good).
5. Using the craft foam, cut out fish shapes to match the cover of the book: 1 white fish, 2 green fish, 1 red fish, 1 blue fish.
6. When the paint is all dry, cut the top of the paper to look like waves.
7. Glue the water painting onto another sheet of white paper.
8. Let your child glue the fish onto the water painting. And if they want they can draw faces on the fish. :)
All done! Hooray!
Do you like this idea? Pin it and save it for later!