Here is a quick and easy Family Home Evening lesson you can whip up in a snap.
We live far away from Grandparents so we going to try to facetime them once a month and have an FHE together. We did this one last week and it was a success!
(This would also be a fun and easy Primary or Nursery lesson.)
- 1-2 pieces of yellow construction paper
- 1 piece of orange construction paper
- Cut strips out of the yellow paper.
- Cut a big circle out of the orange paper.
3. On the orange circle, write these words from the scripture Matthew 5:16: "Let your light so shine!"
- With your family, read Matthew 5:16 (You can even work on memorizing it if you want!)
- Tape up the orange circle on the wall.
- Hand each person 1 or 2 yellow paper strips and have them each think of ways they can let their light shine, and be a good example of Christ to others.
- Then one by one, tape the yellow strips on the wall all around the orange circle:
5. Ask your children what they see now. Answer: The SUN! Talk about how when we do good things and try to be a good example, it shines like the sun. Other people will notice it and will be blessed as we live as our Heavenly Father and Savior want us to. And we will be happy. :)
Do you like this idea?