We're going batty for BATS during our Preschool@Home this week!
Here is our first fun activity.
- 1 piece of black construction paper
- White crayon
- With a white crayon, draw the following shapes on the black construction paper:
- On the left half, draw a tall U-shape. Then connect the top with a curvy line.
- On the right half, draw a circle. Then draw a zig-zag across the middle.
- Cut out the shapes. Glue the 2 half-circles (with the zig-zags facing down) onto the U-shape. Voila! You made a BAT!
- Using the white crayon, draw a smiley face on your bat.
- Next, write the numbers 1-20 on your bat.
Time to Play!
- Sit down with your child and hand them the white crayon.
- Say a number and have them find it and draw a circle around it.
- When you've gone through all the numbers, you can then point to each number and have your child practice saying them.
LB(4) had a lot of fun with this!
He's pretty good with counting, but always gets tripped up with numbers 13-16, so this was a fun way for him to review the hard ones!
^"^ HAPPY HALLOWEEN! ^"^