Here is another quick and easy activity we did with our Kite theme!
This is good to help young children learn about sizes as they sort the kites smallest to biggest.
This was a cinch to make and LB(3) had fun with this one!
- Using a piece of construction paper, cut out 5 rectangles of different sizes.
- Fold the rectangles in half, then in half again.
- Cut from one corner to the next, unfold and you've instantly got 5 kites! (pictures below):
- Draw lines on the kites from corner to corner....to make them look more kite-like. :)
- Get out 2 pieces of white paper.
- Trace each of the kites from smallest to biggest on the paper.
- Draw strings coming off each kite.
How to Play:
- Lay out all the kites and the white pieces of paper.
- Ask your child to find the smallest kite and put it in it's place on the white paper.
- Then the next smallest, and next, etc.
- Then you can go backwards, biggest to smallest.