Here is another activity we tried with our KITE theme. We just "added" a bit to the Kite Counting activity we already made. :)
This is for the more advance preschoolers, and/or older kids. I did a few with LB(3), but he soon lost interest and just wanted to go back to counting.
That's ok. Something for later then. :)
- Create the Kite Counting activity as described in the post shown above.
- Then cut out some cloud shapes.
- On each shape, write a math problem that equals one of the numbers 1-5.
How to Play:
- Place one of the clouds on the paper.
- Say the problem with your child and have them place the number of bows on the string as shown in the problem:
- Then have them put the kite on with the correct answer:
It was a good way to introduce addition to LB(3), and will come back to it as he gets older. :)