Welcome to our Candy Cane themed week!
Our first activity is this Bean Candy Cane Craft (aka: "one of the easiest crafts known to man"). :)
Hope you enjoy it!
- Draw and cut a candy cane shape out of cardstock (ours was about 5" tall, 1" thick).
- Get 2 bags of dry beans: 1 red kidney beans, and the other white lima beans.
- Place a small handful of each kind of beans into a bowl.
Here's what you do:
- On the candy cane paper, show your child how to make a candy cane pattern with the beans: red, white, red, white......
- Then let them practice the pattern on their own. (Pattern-making is a good math skill for preschoolers to practice. Bonus!)
- Next, have them glue the beans onto the paper, following the pattern they just practiced to make their candy cane!
Once the glue is dry, you could even add a string to the top and turn this into an ornament for your tree!