Last week our theme was TRAINS!
My goal was to do 3 activities with LB.....but it was a busy week, so this is the only one we got done! Oh well. That's just life. :)
But this was a fun counting activity. It was good for LB(3) to practice recognizing numbers and putting them in order. And he LOVES trains so it was a fun way to practice!
- I found this package of train cars at the dollar store a while ago. You could try to find something similar, OR just print some trains out, OR cut out rectangles and add circles for the wheels! :)
- So, whatever trains you decide to use, just write the numbers 1-10 (or lower, or higher) on them.
Here's what you do:
- Lay out all the trains on the floor.
- Then have your child line them all up in order, connecting the train cars together to make one big long train. That's it!
- You could also play other fun games with these. Any other ideas?