To start off our Space-Theme for the week, LB and I made a space book to learn about some of the things that are in space.
- 2 pieces - black construction paper
- other colors of construction paper
- white crayon
Here's what you do:
- Fold the 2 pieces of black construction paper in half and staple them together to make the book.
- Using the other colors of construction paper, cut out different shapes of the things you want in the book. We included: Sun, Earth, Moon, Star, Planets, Rocket
- On each page write what will go on that page with a white crayon. Also, draw stars all over the pages with the white crayon.
- Sit down with your child and lay out all the shapes telling them what they are. Then open the book and read the word on the first page and ask them to find that shape. Have them glue it in the book on that page, and continue on.
- When all the shapes are glued in, sit and read it together and talk about all the cool things in space!
Here's a closer look at LB's Space Book: