I made 5 Monkey finger-puppets a couple weeks ago for some AMAZING friends of ours, and their 5 little monkeys! :)
These square puppets are similar to the Square Farm Animals I made a couple years ago
(but these ones are puppets, not stuffed. AND these are actually easier to make since I used fabric glue instead of stitching them by hand.)
These could be fun to use when you tell the story, "10 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed." (....or one for each member of your family!) :) Or just let your kids play and come up with their own crazy stories and adventures.
They are also light and space-efficient, so you could pack them along in your bag for the car, church, dr. office, or anywhere you need instant entertainment!
- Felt (brown, tan, white, black, & any colors for bows)
- Fabric Glue
Here's how to make them:
- Cut out brown squares from the felt. Mine are about 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" and they fit on 1-2 fingers. (but you can make these however big or small you want!) :)
- Using the other colors of felt, cut out the Monkeys' facial features:
- 2 ears (brown and tan)
- nose (black)
- mouth (black)
- around the nose & mouth (tan)
- bows (any color) if you want any of your monkeys to be girls. :)
- eyes (white & black). (I made a lot of eyes. I'm planning to use the rest for something else.....stay tuned!!!) :)
- So, after you cut everything, glue it all on using fabric glue!
- After you glue the ears on, then get another brown square and put glue around the top and sides. Then place the monkey face square on top.
- You should have an opening like this for the fingers to go in:
- And if you want your monkey to be a girl, glue a bow on the corner of her head. :)