The 2nd Handprint Mother's Day Craft we came up with was to use the handprints as the center of some pretty flowers that all hang on a strip of paper! You can add as many flowers as you want depending on how many little handprints you want to use! (We did 1 handprint per child, but you could also have each child do BOTH their hands.)
- Scrapbook Paper
Here's what you do:
- Using the paint, have the child/children make handprints on white cardstock.
- When the paint is dry, cut around the handprints in a circle to use as the center of the flower.
- Using a piece of scrapbook paper, draw simple flower shapes around the handprint centers and cut them out, and glue the handprints on.
- Write the names of the children on their handprints, and a message if you want.
- Cut out strips of white cardstock and glue them together to make one long strip. Glue the flowers onto it.
- Add a piece of paper to the top with white cardstock on it and write "Happy Mother's Day!"
- If you want to, you can fold the strip in between the flowers so you can fit it inside a big envelope, or tied a ribbon around it to give to the special Mom you want to wish a very.....
Happy Mother's Day!