We read a really cute book the other day called Unicorn Thinks He's Pretty Great, by Bob Shea.
One of my favorite parts was where it said that the Unicorn made it rain cupcakes! I thought it would be fun to make a little craft to go along with this part of the book. If you want to do the same, find this book at the library or buy it. Sit down and read it with your child. Then start working on this fun and easy craft!
- Washable Paint (aka fingerpaint, tempera paint, posterpaint)
- White Paper
- Black Pen
1. Get out different colors of washable paint and have your child paint pieces of paper in those colors. Let them dry (overnight is good).
2. Once the paint is all dry, cut out small shapes that look like the tops of the cupcakes in the book. Like this:
3. Have your child glue these cupcake tops to a piece of paper, then you or your child draw the cupcake liners underneath each one.
4. Next, have your child draw two eyes and a smile on the top of each cupcake.
5. Last of all, draw arms and legs on the cupcakes just like in the book.
Now you are as cool as the Unicorn. You made it rain cupcakes!