Here is a fun and simple craft you can make with your kids this Halloween!
- Black & White Construction Paper
- Finger Paint in Purple, Yellow, and Green
1. Give the white construction paper to your child and let them use the finger paints to paint the papers: one purple, one yellow, and one green. Set them aside for a while and let them dry. (Overnight is good)
2. Once the paint is all dry, cut out one strip of the purple-painted paper (about 1 1/2 inches wide) and 5-6 strips of the green paper (about 1 inch wide):
3. Fold the yellow-painted paper in half and cut out half a square. Then cut out the middle of the square. This will be the buckle on the hat.
4. Fold a piece of black construction paper in half length-wise and cut from one corner to the opposite corner.
5. Unfold it and you've got your triangle shape for the hat! Then from another piece of construction paper, cut a long strip about one inch wide. This will be the brim for the hat.
6. Glue the purple strip to the bottom portion of the triangle, and the green strips about an inch or so apart over the rest of the triangle:
7. Cut off the excess painted-paper hanging over the edges of the triangle:
8. Glue the black strip onto the bottom of the triangle, and the yellow buckle on top of the purple strip. All done! Hang up your cute hat craft as a fun Halloween decoration!