The best kind of crafts for kids are ones that are not only fun to make, but also fun to PLAY with!
This craft is that kind of craft.
And if that wasn't enough reason to want to make these,
they are also very easy. Here's how to make them:
- Craft foam in red, light green, dark green, or whatever color you want your apples to be
- Craft foam in brown and green (for leaf and stem)
- Craft sticks -aka- Popsicle sticks (I used these really small ones, but any size will do)
- Black marker
1. Draw circles onto the craft foam and cut them out.
My circles are about 2 1/2 inches big. And I cut out 3 circles of each of the colors--so my 2 kids and I could each have one of each color.
2. To turn these circles into apple shapes, simply cut out a little indent on the top and bottom of each circle. Like this:
Now you've got your apples!
3. With a black marker, draw eyes and a smile on each apple.
4. Using the brown foam, but out small rectangles for the stems. And using the green foam, cut out small leaf shapes.
5. Glue the stem, leaf, and craft stick to the back of the apples:
6. Let them dry, and you're all set!
7. Put on a apple-puppet show! The kids and I took turns sitting behind the couch and using our apples to put on silly shows. The apples danced, sang songs, played soccer, etc. It was a lot of fun.