Here is a fun and super easy Dr. Seuss craft you can create in honor of
Dr. Seuss' Birthday (March 2nd), or to go along with the book, "The Cat in the Hat"!
Check it out!
- "The Cat in the Hat" by Dr. Seuss
- white paper
- blue painter's tape
- red paint (finger paint / poster paint / tempera paint)
1. If you want, you can read the book, "The Cat in the Hat," by Dr. Seuss before or after you do your craft. :)
2. With a marker, draw a tall hat shape onto a piece of white paper:
3. Next, place several strips of the blue painters tape across the hat, like so:
4. Give your child a blob of red paint and a paintbrush and let them paint all over the paper:
5. Take the blue tape off of the paper, to reveal the white paper underneath making perfect stripes in the hat!
6. Cut out the hat with scissors:
**TIP: We waited for the paper to dry overnight before we took off the blue tape. I think the dried paint over the tape made it a bit harder to peel off and it thus ripped the paper a little bit. Not too big of a deal, but it might be good to try to take the carefully peel off before the paint dries completely. :)
Do you like this idea? Pin it and save it for later!