This craft was so simple and easy, even LL(1) joined in on the fun!
Check it out!
- Scrapbook paper in different shades and patterns of green. (for the tree)
- Scrapbook paper in different patterns of red. (for the ornaments)
- Scrapbook paper in a yellow pattern. (for the star)
- (Or you can use a sheets of green, red, and yellow construction paper too).
- White paper
- On the white piece of paper, draw a big triangle. This is the tree shape. :)
- From the green paper, cut out a pile of strips, about 1" wide.
- From the red paper, cut out a pile of circles, about 1" wide.
- (I have a paper punch that I used to get these cut. But you could also just trace a small circle and cut them out, or just cut from scratch!) :)
- From the yellow paper, draw and cut out a star.
- Give your child the green paper strips and a glue stick. Have them choose a strip one at a time and glue it onto their triangle shape:
- After the triangle is covered, YOU cut out the triangle, including the tree base on the bottom.
- Hand the red circle ornaments and the yellow star to your child and have them glue these on their tree:
LB(4) and LL(1) had a blast making this craft. And now we've got them hanging up as special Christmas decorations!
(Here are the creations in progress):