Originally posted November 8, 2011
I saw an idea similar to this over on apples4theteacher.com. So cute!
Ours were made with:
- craft sticks
- googly eyes
- tacky glue
Here's how we made them:
- Before we began the craft, I had cut out the hat, hair (about 7 small rectangles), and nose from felt using different colors.
- We started by cutting out a square from cardstock and gluing the sticks onto it to keep them sturdy & together.
- The boys then took turns choosing which color hair and hat they wanted for their scarecrow. We glued the hair on first, then the hat.
- Next, we glued on the googly eyes & nose and drew a mouth with a black marker.
- Later, I glued a ribbon on the back so we could hang them up! (not pictured).
They're hanging up in our kitchen & the boys love them. Best of all: they were SO easy to make!