Our final Kite-themed activity was making this easy kite craft!
This was a joint effort by LB(3) AND LL(1) and myself.
How to make it:
- Out of a piece of white paper, cut out a kite shape.
- Let your child paint (we used watercolors) their kite however they desire (this was LB's job)
- Get out another piece of white paper and have your child paint it however they desire (this was LL's job, AND her very first time painting! She loved it.)
- After the papers have dried, use a hole-punch to make a small hole in the bottom corner of the kite.
- Cut a long piece of yarn (however long you want it for the kite string), and tie it through the hole.
- Out of the other sheet of painted paper, cut out 3 (or more) bow-shapes. Start at the top of the kite string and tie the yarn around each one, working your way down the string.
There you have it!