Here is the last activity we did during our "Candy Cane" themed week. Decorating candy canes with shapes is a simple craft, AND it's also fun and educational.
- If you can find some, buy a package of foam shapes. (You can usually find these in craft sections and craft stores. The ones we used were also stickers so we just took the tabs off the back and stuck them on. You could also just glue them on.) **OR you could also just cut shapes out of construction paper or foam yourself. :)
- Cut candy cane shapes out of white paper or cardstock.
Here's what you do:
- Put all the shapes in a bowl and have your child choose a shape. Then have them pull out all of that shape.
- Once you have enough to put on the candy cane, have your child stick them on.
- Repeat with all the different shapes you have.
- You could even punch a hole in the top, tie a string to it, and hang them on the tree for ornaments!