Here is a fun activity we did for Family Home Evening a while ago. This has been one of my favorites! It's super easy and was really fun & uplifting to think about all the things we love about each other. :)
Here's what you do:
- Cut 3 hearts out of different colors of felt OR paper.
- Put each persons name in a hat and have everyone draw someone's name.
- Have someone stand on one of the hearts, and the person that drew their name says something nice about them.
- We used the 3 colors of hearts like this:
- Yellow - Say 1 thing that person does really well (ie. "He is really good at playing football.")
- Pink - Say 1 thing you love about that person (ie. "I love how he makes me laugh.")
- Blue - Say 1 thing you can do to show you love that person (ex: "I can share my trains with him.")
- Then that person sits down and the next person stands on the hearts, and on until everyone has had a chance.
This was so fun, and really cute to hear what nice things the kids thought to say. I want to do this again, and maybe even record it, or write down what everyone says. :) Because doesn't it just brighten your day when someone says something nice about you?