To go along with our "Fall" Preschool Theme, we did this easy-to-make Leaf-Matching activity!
- Get out sheets of craft foam in different colors of fall.
- Use a leaf-shaped cookie cutter and press it onto the foam. When you lift it up, you'll see the outline of the shape clearly and can easily cut it out without having the trace the shape! You can use this technique with ANY cookie cutters you have to easily "trace" any shape you want onto foam--then cut them out and use in various crafts and activities:
- I cut out 5 leaf shapes in brown, red, green, orange, yellow and tan:
- Next, just cut them right down the middle! Like so:
Here's how you play:
- Lay out all the leaf pieces on the table or floor.
- Then have your child put the matching leaf pieces together! And when they're done, you can tell them good job, then all make like a tree and "leaf." :) The End.