The first activity we did for our BUG themed week was this! It's a super easy way to help little ones practice cutting with scissors. LB had a blast with this!
- Cut out strips of white paper
- Draw red lines to show where your child will cut.
- In each box, draw a simple ant shape with a black marker & pen, like in the pictures (3 black circles in different sizes, & legs and antennae.
Here's what you do:
- Sit down with your child and talk about how ants often walk in trails. Hand them the paper strips of ant trails and the scissors and show them how to cut on the red lines.
- If you want to take it a step further, you could then gather up all the ant squares and have your child make their own ant trails by lining them all up on the floor.
- You could practice counting the ants while, or after you cut them!